Thursday 8 November 2012

Coriander & Mint Chutney- Good on its own and great when used to prepare dips, starters, mains & sides!!

This basic chutney is perfect for use as a dipping sauce with Kebabs, grilled foods, as a marinate, as curry base (I have shared Coriander & Mint Chicken Curry before), sandwich spreads, Bhel Puri (a quick snack with puffed rice; recipe to follow soon) and Raita....made my raita with Chobani yoghurt and enjoyed it with my lunch 

It is a versatile combination of herbs that can be used to prepare a number of dishes. 
Here is the recipe for the Coriander & Mint chutney! 


Coriander & Mint Chutney: 
 2 green chillies
1 medium bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro), cleaned
5 leaves of mint
1/4th teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice 


Cooking Method 

Grind Mint, coriander, green chillies using water to make a fine paste. Add salt and lemon juice at the end and give it a good stir. That is the chutney ready. 
You can store this chutney in the refrigerator for a week. I can however not resist the smell of freshly prepared chutney. The aroma is so tempting to add a zing to your meal. 
 I added  2 teaspoon of it to Chobani fat free greek style yoghurt and stirred it in. Here was a lovely raita ready to accompany my lunch!












 I had cauliflower and green peas curry with Indian flat bread (chapati) for lunch.
The recipe is going to follow soon. This is a part of the vegetarian recipes I am preparing as a part of the World Vegan Month! November is a World Vegan Month and as we all know that vegetables are an integral part of a diet even if one is a meat eater. I really enjoy vegetable curries and cauliflower is one of them.

I will share the recipe in my coming post with you all...till then eat healthy and tasty!!

Luv

Amzu

P.S: The different flavours of Chobani fat free Greek style yoghurt are many to please the palate...but the plain is certainly versatile!

 O gm fat and 17 gm of protein per serving of 170 gms of plain yoghurt. A good way of adding protein to my vegetarian lunch!!

No comments: